I am doing a Pumkin spread to honor the season. These are the postions:
1. Cutting out and removing the lid: What you need to temporary lift to enable you to see yourself clearer?
2. Scooping out the pumpkin: What you need to work hard on or work through?
3. The seeds you reveal: How you can grow? Your potential?
4. The flesh you remove: The obstacles in the way to let you grow?
5. The hollow: You darker self. What is within you that remains unseen?
6. The carving: What you need to pay attention to?
7. The candle: How you can best shine? Your postives? How to reveal your darker self?
8. Replacing the lid: How you will feel more content? The improvement you will notice?
9. Placing the pumpkin in the window: How others will see you and respond?
Today I have pulled card three of this spread: “How can you grow? Your potential?" I have pulled Ace of Cups from the Tarot of Prague.
On the card a hand holds a lion that is holding a Cup in its paw. This cup represents among other things the Holy Grail. It is a healing vessel. The cup is closed, in that way this card differst from many other Aces of Cups, that are always open. In the background we see the river Moldau, this river takes a great part of the card.
I can go two ways with my interpretation.
The first interpretation is based on the closed cup and on river Moldau on the card. I always love the images of Prague on the cards, the towers and houses give me a feeling of stability. Not now though, the huge amount of water on the card, the river Moldou, makes me feel cold and without boundaries, as if there is no end to me. The closed cup of the lion advises me to contain, to keep my boundaries and be gentle with the life-giving-water that gives me life. I need to choose well what I do and do not do.
My second interpretation takes into account the first two cards that I have drawn. The first card – the removing of the lid of the pumpkin, which was Queen of Swords - suggested that I should stop writing, to get out of my head, which is a place of control. The second card, which represented the scooping out the pumpkin, what I need to work hard on, told me to have more faith in the intervention of the sacred. Taking into account these two cards, the card might tell that I can trust the water, trust a certain lack of boundaries, and lack of control.
I do not know right now which interpretation rings true.