I am doing a Pumpkin Spread These are the positions.
1. Cutting out and removing the lid: What you need to temporary lift to enable you to see yourself clearer?
2. Scooping out the pumpkin: What you need to work hard on or work through?
3. The seeds you reveal: How you can grow? Your potential?
4. The flesh you remove: The obstacles in the way to let you grow?
5. The hollow: You darker self. What is within you that remains unseen?
6. The carving: What you need to pay attention to?
7. The candle: How you can best shine? Your postives? How to reveal your darker self?
8. Replacing the lid: How you will feel more content? The improvement you will notice?
9. Placing the pumpkin in the window: How others will see you and respond?
Today I have pulled Card 5. The question is inspired by the hollow of the pumpkin after it is scooped out. The hollow represents my darker self (“that what is within you that remains unseen”). I received the Lovers from the Fantastic Menagerie Tarot.
Love and harmony, passion, my feeling that the path I follow is well chosen and important to me, is what remains unseen, that stays hidden in the hollow of the pumpkin. In a certain sense much of what I show of myself here are my not so joyful parts, me-working-too- hard, or me-swallowed-by- fear for instance. Recently I came aware that I do not show my happiness and feel happy very often, although I love to teach, and I like my family. I do want this different: I would like to work less hard, and I would like feel and show more harmony. I do not succeed in that really well until now.
But I asked my husband just now if I am acting like a victim or if I am too pessimistic –it was the Lovers card, and he and my family suffer under my workload as they said sometime ago- but according to him I am not acting like a victim and he is happy that I am not that optimistic, bcause that would tire him out.
Still, what remains unseen is love and harmony. That corresponds with card 3, the Ace of Cups, pulled for the seeds I reveal in the pumpkin, my potential and growth.